Thursday, February 10, 2011

eskimo kisses

some days the love i feel for these beautiful babies overwhelms me! many times when i leave the nursery, i blow kisses to the babies before i leave. some of them respond in like manner, blowing kisses back to me, and there are a couple who even say 'a-bye'. one of the babies loves it when i rub my nose against his. He gets a big smile on his face and his eyes sparkle like endless pools of chocolate.

when i go to the Toddler house it's usually around bed time for the kids, so i like to go through their rooms to say goodnight and give them kisses and hugs. it's such a warm feeling to walk into a room and have the kids all greet me with smiles and 'Emelyne!' or to have them come to me for a hug and keep hanging on, just a little longer. i love listening to their little voices ask me questions and have sweet little conversation in a language that i don't always understand; to watch the expressions on their faces as they allow me the privilege of being a little part of their lives. Times like that, i am humbled and in awe. In awe of the realization that God would choose to place me here in this place with these people, these children, and these babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment