Saturday, February 19, 2011

days like today

Today was one of those days where everything seemed more beautiful. The sky was bluer, the sun shone brighter, the mountains were more lush, and the fields more picturesque. Today was an outing day, and several of us were taking the UTV up to the Baptist Haiti Mission for lunch and shopping. I love riding in the open like that because it's so much easier to see everything we pass. As we zipped up the mountain around bends and curves characteristic of mountain roads, the wind whipped my hair and the sun warmed my skin.   
On one side the mountain on which we live rose up steeply. On the other side in the distance, across the river-bed, another range passed in a beautiful panorama, a patchwork of fields, winding paths, and little houses.   

The fields.

It's days like this, when i once again see everything with new eyes, that i realize just how much i love Haiti and how much this country and her people have become a part of me. The people, both Haitian and non-Haitian, with whom i have the pleasure of interacting have become like a second family to me. I am so thankful that God has called me to this place!

It's days like today that remind me just how honoured and privileged i am to play a small part in God's big plan for Haiti.

Just a glimpse of the beauty of Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment