Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Heading back

the goodbyes are over, and i'm sitting at my gate waiting for my departure. I look forward to being back in Haiti, at GLA, with all my great friends and the wonderful babies and kids! i'm excited for what the new year may hold, as i continue to follow God's leading. I know that if i continually allow Him to guide my life, the journey will be incredible. That is not to say that it will be easy, because there are bound to be experiences that stretch me, bring pain, and possibly loss. But even in those times i can know that God is still in control and will be with me every step of the way.
On the drive to the airport, i was reminded that i need to trust God. the lesson started off with me thinking 'should i close my eyes and rest?' the roads were kind of snow covered, and the snowplow hadn't gotten it all cleared off yet. my thought process went a little like this: can i close my eyes, or should i keep watching the road (i wasn't driving, so to have my eyes open or closed really would make no difference)? then i felt like God whispered 'Do you trust me?' i was like 'well, yah!' and He replied 'then let ME do the driving. i won't put you in danger'.
The road isn't always smooth. in fact, it's rarely without its bumps and potholes, but i needed to be reminded that even if we go off-roading, God will still be in control if i continue to allow Him to take the wheel.
i had a wonderful three weeks at home, and they went really fast! now i take the next step of my journey with God, starting off the new year in Haiti, the country that three years ago captured my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment