Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's been a year!

It's been a year since i packed up my suitcases and bid my family farewell to go spend three months volunteering at GLA. at that point, all i knew was the next three months and from there on out it was up to God to make it clear. Well He did. I became staff and three months became six months, six months became a year, and a year became a year and a half. from there, i don't know. once again, that's in God's hands, and i know that in time He'll make it clear! :-)

in some ways, September 14th 2010 seems like so long ago. a lot has happened, i've learned a lot, i've grown a lot, and i've met a lot of incredible people. But most of all, God has never failed to show Himself faithful. it is such a privilege to be able to serve Him in this place that i love so much, and i am excited about what the future holds, not just in my life, but in the future of God's Littlest Angels, Eglise D'espoir, Thomassin 32, Petionville, and Haiti as a whole. there is so much potential in all these, and i am privileged to be witness to (and a little tiny part of) it! Sometimes i forget just how blessed i am.

there's a quote i love by one of my favourite fictional characters, Anne of Green Gables. She says:

'When I left Queen's [University] my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. I thought I could see along it for many a milestone. Now there is a bend in it. I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does. It has a fascination of its own, that bend, Marilla. I wonder how the road beyond it goes--what there is of green glory and soft, checkered light and shadows--what new landscapes--what new beauties--what curves and hills and valleys further on." 'Anne of Green Gables' by L.M. Montgomery, Chapter XXXVIII

Sometimes my life feels a little like one of these mountain roads. when you've rounded one bend, you're bound to come upon another. The views around those bends can be absolutely breathtaking; each one is different than the last, but the anticipation of what may be beyond is quite thrilling. how awesome to have a Master Route Planner in charge! :-D

Thank you God for an incredible year!

No comments:

Post a Comment