Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Birthday

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday in Haiti.

It started out at 5:45 am when i got up to get ready to say goodbye to Chantelle, my friend that i travelled here with. She was getting picked up early to go to the airport. that was the one downer to the day; otherwise, it would have been perfect!

I went out on the balcony; the morning was a little cool, and perfectly clear! i could see the crevices in the mountains that are beyond Port Au Prince. it was so beautiful! i have never been able to see those mountains so clearly. i think it was because the early morning sun was shining in such a way that it accentuated the dips of the mountain :-)

When i went to the kitchen, there was a birthday sign for me, made by Betty and Anna :-) Then Molly made us pancakes for breakfast! they were so good! After breakfast i opened my gifts. My mom and sister had sent gifts with me, so i got to open them after they'd sat in my suitcase for over a month; it was pretty exciting!

When it was time for the work day to start, Anna and i decided that we would put all the kids in computer class on Paint and give them the project of making birthday cakes for me and for one of the boys who was also having a birthday! :-)

the rest of the day went as normal.

When i came down from the balcony into the dining area, there were balloons on every chair. Molly had made me a beautiful Spice cake with cream cheese frosting (i got to choose what i wanted ;-) ) it was amazing!!!!

After dinner i called home home to talk to my family; it was good to chat again :-)

When i arrived back at the Toddler House, i went into our room, and my bed frame was covered in cards that the kids had made for me :-) apparently it took up a good portion of the day! :-) that just topped off the day for me!

and THEN we had home - made rocky road fudge, made by my amazing co-volunteers! :-)

i reminded once again that i am incredibly blessed with so many amazing friends and a wonderful family! God has blessed me so much, and i'm so thankful for each and every one of them!!!!!

The day couldn't have been better :-) Thanks to everyone who made it so special!! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment